Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My second crack at alcohol inks



I am beginning to play around with alcohol inks. After perusing YouTube and watching Tim Holtz's video, I went to Stampers and picked up the beginning supplies. 

The first card I created I cut some lettering with the cricut and inked them to create a colorful 'the big 40' card showing the second hill. 

This card I used 3 colors, (I believe I used the Mushroom, Oregeno, and a touch of Red Pepper colors), along with a dash of Gold Metalic on glossy paper.  Then I stamped the image from 'River City Rubber Works'  using black dye ink.  The paper came from a pad we got from 'My Mind's Eye' (Spectrums, Warm). 

I made three of these images and cards, each one looking significantly different.  I will be
doing some more experimenting shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment